The Borough of Bogota NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the state of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting property proprietor. Many house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the property owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will charge the home proprietor for 100% of the job cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey initiated a program that required home proprietors to preserve damaged sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Estate proprietors in Bogota are liable for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently repair their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themelves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money down the road. Thousands of estate proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their laxity or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice demanding that you repair your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by contacting a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Bogota pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Bogota NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to fix your damaged sidewalk is the best solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will diminish liability and improve the look of your estate’s aesthetics immensely. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired masterfully!