The City of Bloomingdale NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the state of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house owner. Thousands of homeowners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing damaged sidewalks. In most cases, the homeowner will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the home owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded that home proprietors preserve defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Property proprietors in Bloomingdale are accountable for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to effectively maintain their sidewalks, they become responsible for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many estate proprietors in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your city or borough may also send you a notice requiring you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a limited time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Bloomingdale pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Bloomingdale NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to fix your defective sidewalk is the ideal solution to avoid any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With plenty of crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and enhance the look of your house’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed masterfully!