The City of Bloomfield NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the state of New Jersey is the responsibility of the abutting property proprietor. Thousands of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for repairing broken sidewalks. In many cases, the home owner will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will charge the home proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required property owners to fix damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home owners in Bloomfield are liable for upholding the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently preserve their sidewalks, they become liable for the grievances that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that hurt themselves by cause of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home proprietor. There are also dozens of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. A lot of house proprietors in the state of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their laxity or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough can also send you a notice requiring you to re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a restricted time frame will result in fines and penalties. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by employing a sidewalk repair company now!
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Bloomfield NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Hiring a sidewalk contractor to re-construct your damaged sidewalk is the best way to evade any lawsuits or fines from your city. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working all over Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of re-constructing your sidewalk within a few hours which will minimize liability and refine the look of your house’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!