The City of Awosting NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to fix their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair in addition to maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house proprietor. Thousands of house proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is responsible for fixing damaged sidewalks. In many cases, the property proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their city will hire the work but will assign the property owner for 100% of the cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that required estate proprietors to repair defective sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
House owners in Awosting are responsible for preserving the sidewalks in front of their buildings. When they fail to effectively repair their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that injure themselves because of your defective sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home owner. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Many home proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court because of their negligence or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to agree within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company today!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Awosting pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Awosting NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a contractor to re-construct your damaged sidewalk is the ideal solution to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, focuses on sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is capable of repairing your sidewalk within a few hours which in turn will reduce liability and enhance the look of your property’s aesthetics vastly. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk repaired professionally!