The Borough of Alpine NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Sidewalk repair along with maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the duty of the abutting house owner. Plenty of property owners are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the property owner will hire contractors to make the repair or their municipality will contract the work but will assess the home proprietor for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded estate proprietors to repair defective sidewalks in front of their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to occur…
House proprietors in Alpine are responsible for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently repair their sidewalks, they become liable for the injuries that pedestrians suffer. These pedestrians that injure themselves by cause of your damaged sidewalk, have the legal right to sue you since you are the property owner. There are also plenty of lawyers that love to follow through with these types of premise liability cases, which will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Many home proprietors in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their negligence or the lack of understanding in regards to sidewalks and liability.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you to fix your sidewalk. Failure to comply within a certain time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Alpine pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Alpine NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
Employing a sidewalk contractor to fix your broken sidewalk is the best way to avert any lawsuits or fines from your municipality. HOLESSolutions, a Clifton based infrastructure repair company, specializes in sidewalk repair. With numerous crews working throughout Northern New Jersey, HOLESSolutions is highly capable of fixing your sidewalk within a few hours, which will diminish liability and improve the look of your estate’s aesthetics tremendously. Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, you can dial 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed by experts!