The Borough of Allendale NJ REQUIRES all homeowners to repair their sidewalks! See below.
Chapter 233 Section 23 via (http://ecode360.com/)
“The Borough Council, upon receipt of the certification set forth in § 233-22 hereof, shall determine the necessity of said improvement, and if it deems that said improvement is necessary, it shall, by resolution, cause a notice in writing to be served upon said abutting owners or occupants of said lands, requiring the necessary specified work to said curb and/or sidewalk to be done by said owner or occupant within a period of not less than 30 days nor more than 90 days from the date of service of such notice.”
Sidewalk repair as well as maintenance in the State of New Jersey is the obligation of the abutting home owner. Thousands of property proprietors are not aware of this ordinance and they assume that their city or state is liable for fixing defective sidewalks. In most cases, the home proprietor will employ contractors to make the repair or their municipality will employ the work but will assign the property owner for 100% of the repair cost. In 2012, the borough of Highland Park in New Jersey launched a program that demanded property owners repair damaged sidewalks adjacent to their homes. Your city or borough can be next!
A lawsuit waiting to happen…
Home proprietors in Allendale are responsible for preserving the sidewalks adjacent to their property. When they fail to sufficiently repair their sidewalks, they become accountable for the grievances that pedestrians experience. These pedestrians that hurt themselves because of your broken sidewalk have the legal right to sue you since you are the home propriety. There are also many of lawyers that love to follow through with these kinds of premise liability cases, which will amount to a lot of money in the long run. Thousands of property owners in the State of New Jersey have been taken to court due to their laxity or the lack of knowledge in regards to sidewalks and responsibility.
Your municipality or borough may also send you a notice demanding that you re-construct your sidewalk. Failure to conform within a specific time frame will result in fines. Spare yourself a lawsuit and fines by calling a sidewalk repair company ASAP!
Types of Sidewalk Defects
There are many types of defective sidewalks that can prove dangerous for Allendale pedestrians.
- Tree roots: When sidewalks go too long without repair, tree roots may cause them to become uneven.
- Collapsed sidewalks: Severely damaged sidewalks may have large parts caved in or separated from the rest of the walkway. This type of a situation certainly poses a serious fall hazard.
- Trip hazards: It is easy to trip and fall on large cracks that cut across poorly maintained sidewalks.
- Improper slope: Uneven sidewalks may have large portions that do not line up with the rest of the walkway.
- Patchwork: In an effort to save money on repairs, it is common to see inadequate patchwork jobs on specific locations that make the sidewalk surface uneven.
- Missing cobblestones and bricks: It is necessary to properly maintain walkways that are not made from concrete to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
Allendale NJ Sidewalk Repair Contractors
At HOLESSolutions, we are a well-established, dependable, and professional infrastructure repair company that specializes in Allendale sidewalk repair. We provide fresh concrete, delivered or installed, to residential home owners throughout Allendale. Equipped with state-of-the-art concrete mixing equipment and an experienced crew, HOLES delivers quality service at an affordable price — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Call us now at 973-779-4653 to get your sidewalk fixed professionally!